Saturday, September 26, 2015

133.4 = Goal

Today was the day that I met my chubby girl weight goal.  I have done this once before back in June of 2006.  It was really cool both times, but today I appreciate it a little bit more.  I am hopeful that I never ever have to do this again.  I hope that I can make this stick for reals.  

I thought a lot about my why lately.  My why of why did you want to get back down to this goal.  I think it has changed over the years.  I think back in 2006 I was just sick of being a fat chick.  It was a vanity thing.  I wanted to fit in smaller clothes.  I wanted to matter.  You see fat chicks are invisible or at least that was my experience.  I felt like people kinda discounted me since I was a chub.  Don’t know if this was a fact, but it sure was the way the world made me feel.  

My why of whys now is simply for better health.  As I watch some of my friends and loved ones struggle with health issues I think “Man, I don’t want that to be me”.  I am at the point in my life where my parents are aging and having health issues.  I am losing relatives to disease and watching friends that are younger than me struggle with health issues or pass away.  Smaller jeans are nice, but living to play with my future grandson (yes, still holding out for that boy) trumps smaller jeans any day.  Today I will just be happy that I no longer look like this.


And enjoy the fact that I stood in my chair the whole time at the Van Halen concert with these punks.


Show up and make it count!

Cindy

No comments: