Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Three Weeks In

I am now three weeks in on the new eating journey.  It has been interesting.  I do feel like I am kinda over the hump of missing simple carbs.  Simple carbs like chips, bread, snack bars and such.  We went to Wendy's on Saturday night and I purchased a small Frosty ice cream thingy.  I literally ate 3 bites and put the rest in the freezer.  It was nice to not crave stuff like that any more.  I also feel better overall.  I feel happier.  I was telling my beloved Joe that I feel like laughing a lot more because I think my body isn't battling some of the bad food choices I was making.  I feel like now that it is kind of cleaned out it feels happier and it comes out in laughter.  Weird, but true.  I am also losing these last few pounds that have been hanging on for dear life.  I lost more weight in the last 3 weeks than I did since starting this last December.  That is a win.  Also, it is easier to eat well than to try to work out to make up for the bad eating.  Go figure!

So I would say if you are struggling with weight issues or just feeling like crap you might give this eating clean gig a try.  Do it for say 21 days.  Eat whole foods.  Try not to eat out at restaurants.  Get some exercise most days.  See what happens.  It might just be worth it.

Show up and make it count!
Cindy

No comments: